8/06/2013

Pink old closet with history.

Jeej! My very first post! And this will be about an old closet! 

The first owner of these closet was the mother of my grandma. She bought this by herself. After a couple of years she painted it white. She told my mother (her grandchild) that when she wasn’t here anymore that the closet will go to her (my mother). But my mother didn’t liked white so she made it original again (just wood) and she gave it a special treatment for the woodworm. Now I have the closet!! (because my mother didn’t have space for it anymore) My fist idea was to paint it white again but I would like to place the closed on a white wall so I decided to paint it PINK! Not hot pink, but just a cute, vintage old colored pink! 

You can also search on ebay, or marktplaats (in the Netherlands), or in local second-hand shops for an old closet!

First I painted the closet with a cheap white primer. After one hour I painted it with an silkygloss pink finish.
I used color number 6944 from Histor. Here in Holland they named it: Doordacht 
(in English it means: sophisticated, well considered) 

After 3 hours I placed the closet into my dining room! And I loveee it!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


4 opmerkingen:

  1. So cute!

    Would you like to follow each other?

    kristasclothes.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Visit me on
    circleofchaos on mystylehit.de :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wauw! Ziet er mooi uit! Leuke blog heb je trouwens, zullen we elkaar volgen op bloglovin?

    Liefs,
    Francoise

    www.ourvisiononbeauty.blogspot.nl

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen